Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear’s Birthday ~ Romance in Cameron Highlands

A lot of places visited and tried long before I started to blog. So here I will attempt to retrieve as much info as I possible can from my short-lived memory brain cells.

 

August 14 – A day of Saturday. Whether was wonderful. Started off our journey from Klang by having some Dim Sum at Leboh Tapah, Klang.

The Dim Sum here is slightly different from the ones I experience in Damansara area. Here you are given a selection of frozen choices, then resteamed for your consumption. Not too bad, unless for those who cannot pass the thought of paying for frozen food.

 

Uphill we go.

I used the old road up (Tapah) to cameron highlands for reasons being the flow of events.

 

First stop: Bharat Tea Plantation and Tea Shop

Myself and my dear having been to Cameron highlands several times, I decided to make this trip a little different from usual. Hence the Boh Tea Farm was not visited. At the tea shop, ordered some weird Indian tea, no offense but the herbs flavouring was a little too strong for my taste. I had a few sips, and definitely, I mean DEFINITELY could not drink any more of it. My dear ordered some Ice tea, which was half the saviour.

After having a short break, taking some photos, and drinking some bad tea… we took a stroll down the path to the actual tea plantation just a stone’s throw away. The scenery from the bottom is beautiful, definitely not shots you can take from sitting up in the cafe. For those interested to take some beautiful shots, I encourage you to take a bit of energy and be a bit adventurous. No regrets here.

Some shots from and at the Tea Cafe:

bharat1bharat5

bharat3 

 bharat6

bharat4

bharat7 bharat8

 

 

Second Stop: Lunch at T-Cafe (soon to be known as The Lord’s Cafe)

Alright~! Lunch Time~!

Continue upwards towards Brinchang. Heres the reason why Tapah exit was chosen, despite the old road with extremely slow lorries. As plans are made without having to go back and forth the winding roads of Cameron Highlands even though I enjoyed it. Time is of the essence, only 1 night in Cameron so got to make the best of it.

Upon reaching Tanah Rata town, be on the lookout for MarryBrown outlet. Park your car nearby and walk towards MarryBrown. Upon reaching, you should see a side stairs just beside MarryBrown leading up to another shop. This is the T-Cafe. Inside, you can expect to have western food, quite delicious I must say. I wonder when they change their name to The Lord’s Cafe will there still be Muslim patrons? Though I did not see any on that day I was there.

1

Fresh Onion Soup. Don’t let the looks fool you. The smell is aromatic. The taste of onion is not too strong, simply wonderful.

 

2 3 4

Here is the Lamb Chop and Chicken Chop. I found the Lamb to be a little bit tough near the bone. The chicken chop was delicious as ordered by my dear. And to the right, the WONDERFUL and SLURPILICIOUS Banana and Mango Lassi. My goodness, the richness of the banana was overwhelming, I could hardly taste the mango, but I didn’t really care, cause the Banana portion was just too good. Ask my dear if she was there, she loved it too.

 

5 6

Ok. Here is the main purpose of driving to T-Cafe of all the Cameron food available. The scones. The smell of butter, the fluffy cream, Definitely a must go for my next trip to Cameron. They also have one with Strawberry jam which was not too bad I must say.

Unfortunately, with only the two of us, our stomach could not afford to try the other dishes available. Furniture are a bit dated. Ambience is more towards a homely, and warm feel unlike the usual restaurant/cafe feel. Which was perfect for the entire setting.

 

7

8

9 10

After having our lunch it was just a little past one in the afternoon. Was in dilemma whether or not the hotel would allow us to check in early. Up to this point, my dear still does not know which hotel we will be staying at, only myself. Hehe.

The T-Cafe

No.4, 1st Floor

(Side Entrance)

Main road

39000 Tanah Rata

Cameron Highlands

 

Third Stop: Check-in at Hotel De La Ferns

Ok finally, the surprise hotel. Journey continues towards just before Brinchang the hotel is located to the right side of the main road. I saw my Dear expression, she felt a bit speechless when I drove into the car park. To be honest, I was a bit half confident of the interior. As the website photos does not do justice at all.

The moment we step into the lobby… Fascinating.

1

3

Wonderful hotel. It is a fairly new hotel opened for less than 2 years. And the best part is, they allowed us to check in early which was roughly around 1.30pm. Great service. I had requested from the hotel a room facing the back of the hotel and on the high floor. I read reviews that front rooms might be a tad noisy from the street noise.

So our room was located on the 5th floor, highest of this hotel if I remember correctly. It was more than sufficient. Stepping into the room, you can feel the spaciousness of the room. The Bathroom was beautiful, with see through windows. ;)

6

 10

 

More views of the hotel

2

4 5

7

8

 

We took a nap until the late afternoon. With the slight drizzle of rain, and the cool air of Cameron highlands, it just made things so much more easier.

 

 

 Fourth Stop: Dinner and Night market

After our nap, we decided to go for an early dinner. I had initially wanted to bring my Dear to Summer Kaye Garden, unfortunately they were closed for renovation. So my next choice is Cameron Organic Produce Restaurant. With the whether still at a slight drizzle, some warm soup with the steamboat is just right.

1 

The long and overused and overburned table.

 

3

2 4

We ordered food for 2 persons. The choice of soup comes in either Chicken or Vegetable. We opt for the chicken soup for fear of lack in taste of the other. The spread was not too heavy as was our intention to grab more food at the night market later. While there, you should give a try to their homemade oyster sauce. Its full of flavour with their addition of garlic in the sauce.

Nice dinner, do come early as the crowd builds up around 6.30-7.00. By then you will be left standing around looking for tables when others had just started to eat. So it will be quite a wait. Lucky for us, timing was smoothly went.

As do things we can control, there are things we cannot control. The weather however was not favourable to us when we decided to depart for the night market. It was raining heavy, most of the shops started to close early. But we did manage to bought quite a lot of supper snacks to be brought back to the hotel.

Cameron Organic Produce Restaurant

10, Bandar Baru, Brinchang

Cameron Highlands, Pahang

Tel: 05-4914807

 

 The Sunday Morning:

Ahh… very nice to wake up to a beautiful morning in Cameron Highlands. No worries of work, jam or the hustle and bustle of the city. Had our complimentary breakfast from the hotel.

8 9

10

 

Nasi Lemak my favourite food. The buffet spread was your standard Malaysian breakfast choices with Nasi Lemak, fried noodles, eggs, cereal, the works. Place of dining is just outside the restaurant, which you can enjoy the cool morning breeze. Again, the hotel is fairly new at this point. Service is fast. I mean fast. My dear just finished eating her plate, stands up to get her juice, and the waitress comes over to clear the plate. Whether they will maintain this quality of service for how long I cannot say for sure. But sure hope they do keep this up. Love the experience of it.

With only 1 more agenda on our list, we decided to go back to the hotel, relax for a while, do our business if need be, and checkout early.